Nepal Journal, Video & Photo Index
Listed here is the index of episodes from my 11-part Nepal video series Trekking in Nepal. Vimeo links are recommended as they are in High Definition (HD). DVD available in the near future, so e-mail me if you want a copy.
- Episode 01 – Intro: In the introductory episode, meet our adventurers Tyler and Steve. The two friends set out on the trip of a lifetime to explore majestic Nepal. Get an overview of the series and check out the gear they are taking.
- Episode 02 – Kathmandu: Steve and I explore local life in a village outside of Kathmandu and prepare for our impending trek.
- Episode 03 – Lukla Flight: Steve and I enjoy the edge of your seat flight from Kathmandu to Lukla… if we can get on the plane!
- Episode 04 – Lukla To Namche Bazaar: Steve and I get our first taste of the Himalayas in our trek from Lukla to Namache Bazaar.
- Episode 05 – Namche Bazaar: Steve and I take in the Himalaya village of Namche Bazaar.
- Episode 06 – Namche Bazaar to Gokyo: The journey from Namche Bazaar to Gokyo places Steve and I in some of the most stunning mountains in the world.
- Episode 07 – Gokyo: Steve and I reach the majestic heights around Gokyo, in the shadow of Everest.
- Episode 08 – Tagnag: Snowed in with nothing to do, we brave expired Pabst Blue Ribbon and later become a bit lost.
- Episode 09 – Tengboche: Steve and I tour the facilities at one of the oldest and largest Buddhist monasteries in Nepal at Tengboche.
- Episode 10 – Khumjung: Steve and I fly some kites in the Sherpa village of Khumjung on the way down.
- Episode 11 – Return: Steve and I make it back to Kathmandu and reflect upon the trip.
You access my day-by-day scribing of the trip (September 14 – October 7, 2007) below. You will find photos and information not found in my 11-part video series. I always keep a Moleskine notebook with me on my travel that I write, draw, and paste information in.
Images featured here and more can be found at my Nepal Flickr Set.