Dr. Claw’s Face Revealed

2007.11.19 Dr. Claw’s Face Revealed

2007.11.19 Dr. Claw’s Face Revealed, Screen ShotThat’s right, Dr. Claw of mid-80’s cartoon Inspector Gadget fame, who never, not even once in 86 episodes showed his face, has been revealed via his action figure. This guy managed to get one and subsequently ruin many a childhood.

2007.11.19 Dr. Claw’s Face Revealed, PackageThe good doctor, who’s name is actually George (did you know that?), was assisted by his faithful sidekick MAD Cat. It wasn’t until the release of this toy (several years after new episodes had ceased to be made) that the true face of Claw was finally known. Most probably did not know until about this until the above story broke in 2003, 20 years after the airing of the cartoon.

Apparently, there has been a recent spin off the cartoon called Gadget and the Gadgetinis. Much more of his background was revealed including the fact he has an evil brother, Dr. Thaw. Shouldn’t they have the same last name? Different daddys? Better yet, why can’t they just let it be?

2007.11.19 Dr. Claw’s Face Revealed, Full Shot

“I’ll get you next time, Gadget!… Next time!!”

9 Comments

1. Don't Forget your sources! wrote:

September 2003:

2. tbell wrote:

The original story has always been quoted in the story!

3. retroism wrote:

awesome…but what’s with the look on his face? it looks like he’s been sh!iting bricks

4. Seawave wrote:

When I saw this figure, I was intrigued, the face was covered and I wondered if I should get it. Saw it in K-Mart … On another figure, someone had scratched the sticker off… and I’m glad I didn’t waste my money…

This is SO not Dr Klaw… Sorry, but I imagined him younger, longer hair… and for me this figure spoiled the mystery.

NO WAY !!!!

FUGLY!!!!!

5. PlutoPlanet wrote:

Like Seawave says!

FUGLY all right… What a monumental let down (Fortunately I never wasted my money, a friend was unlucky enough to buy one out of curiosity … curiosity killed the MadCat, lol) and a cop out to make him a cranky old bastard. I was expecting Klaw to look young, even handsome, an interesting twist I would have thought, with perhaps a scar across his cheek, that was caused by Gadget’s silliness…

That would have at least been intelligent. Who thinks up this crap anyway and fobs it off on the fans as official.

In the words of the Doctor himself.

“WE’LL GET YOU NEXT TIIIIIIIME!!!!”

Or Karma will >;)

6. john wrote:

wow is he sick

7. Dr. Claw wrote:

This is a big let down not only cause his face is weird looking but because the mystery of who Dr. Claw was is destroyed by a toy….now i didn’t grow up with the cartoon but i do watch it alot and i was always curious of what his face looks like! Now i get this…such a dissapointment….for one i always imagined him being a kranky old man but tha fact i was right? LOL and i dont like this version of him at all.

8. […] was an enigma.   You never saw him, but you always saw mad cat.  You saw his emotions without seeing his face.  But this guy if he did anything right, always had a backup plan.   Most of his failures came […]

9. ckoreyianna wrote:

Yeow even if I grew up with cartoon I will have my own special vision so no matter what kind of face he has but is that his real face???? I don’t think so I think the creators just made this up… to stop the public from pestering…. to me and for all eternity in everyone’s minds and visions.dr claw is the faceless character that will forever enchant us back to our youth